Personal Growth Course
Next course starts on 25 February 2021 - 15 April 2021
Next Course after April 2021 8 July 2021 - 26 August 2021
Conducted via Microsoft Teams
- pre-bookings now available.
The Personal Growth Course is designed to enable us to discover, understand and accept others and ourselves. Since the best learning and growth takes place through experiencing and doing rather than through passive listening and observing, our training courses are based primarily on trainee participation, group discussion and experiential learning.
Experiential learning is a process of making generalizations and conclusions about our own direct experiences. This course will therefore provide you with a variety of experiences from which you can learn more about yourself and how you think, act and feel in various situations.
Topics and areas covered:
- Acceptance of feelings
- Responsible confrontation
- The wheel of growth
- Coping with loss and grief
- Direct mutual talk
- Methods of resolving conflict
- Respect for others
This course is an investment in yourself. You will gain emotional intelligence through a deeper understanding of yourself and others, and will be able to communicate more effectively with family, friends and coworkers.
See some of the comments received from past participants.
- "Becoming aware of my feelings and acknowledging them"
- "That losing my father at a young age and growing up without a Dad had impacted my life more than I realized"
- "Every session helped – taking off my masks, they had become a way of living"
- "I learnt that holding onto past experiences was holding me back. I learnt that I need to change how I deal with my anger and conflict"
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the course – learnt a vast amount which will be of tremendous help in all aspects of life"
- "That it is OK to feel and be the way I am"
- "That I forgot or compromised my values in order to accommodate others. Therefore learning my values once again was significant for me."
- "My best is all I need to do."
- "The course is a great initiative and I want everyone who is close to my life to attend."
- "I learnt that I am stronger than I think I am."
- "That people see me differently than I see myself."
- The course is restricted to those 18 years & older.
- Engaging in this form of learning may be stressful, therefore, the course is not recommended for those experiencing severe stress.
- Should you be in therapy you need written permission from your therapist and hand it in with your registration.
- Attendance of all sessions is an important requirement. If more than one session is missed no certificate will be issued.
The Personal Growth and Counselling Skills Course run concurrently. This course is designed to train volunteer lay counsellors. However, people who attend the course with no intention of becoming a lay counsellor benefit tremendously. The course is an investment in yourself. You discover who you are, your inner strengths and look behind all the masks you wear. The course enhances inter personal relationships, increases self-confidence and improves communication and coping skills.
REVIVE- Empowering Emotional Change will present an 8- session , interactive and participative course. An experiential learning cycle approach is followed,
in collection of small and large groups.
(A certificate will be provided upon completion)
BOOK YOUR SEAT:
email@example.com or 0413738882
Venue: Online : Zoom or Microsoft Teams
Price : R1200
HOW TO REGISTER
Complete the registration form at the following address:
Payment can be made electronically or by paying cash at our offices during office hours. Fees are not refundable after Session 1.
Account Name: Revive - Empowering Emotional Change
Account number: 1005876711
Account type: Cheque
Branch code: 121617
Reference: "PGC and Surname"
Currently our courses are only available in PORT ELIZABETH and surrounding areas.
Please allow for 2-3 days response time with regards to email queries and any urgent matters to please be conducted via telephonic call.