What happens if they deny being abused?
- If they have children of their own, let them know that you are worried about their safety and wellbeing as well. Sometimes our friends and loved ones are more willing to look for help if they see how their children might be affected.
- Let them know that they can talk to you at any time.
- They might be experiencing feelings of shame. Try to understand that it might be difficult for them to reach out and ask for help.
- If you don’t agree with what they decide to do, don’t get upset or angry. They might be afraid to take the next step.
- Offer your support by being there for them physically and emotionally.
- POLICE: 112 / 10111
- STOP GBV HELPLINE: 0800 150 150
- GBV CRISIS CENTRE: 0800 428 428
- CHILDLINE: 0800 055 555